2007-11-12

From coach to judge... Woooh!

Okay, so I found my way to Tamahara elementary school (玉原小) today, again. Good day. Great kids. Lots of excitement. Kouchou-sensei was asking me, at the end of the day, about teaching English conversation to - I think - her and a couple of other teachers. Unfortunately, my Japanese isn't good enough yet to fully have communicated well and we didn't sort it out.

The suggested time sounds difficult for me because I usually go back to my home in Okayama City after finishing work, which is about a 40- or 50-minute drive from Tamano, depending on where the school is located. If I finish at the latest around 4 or 4:30, then coming back to Tamano to teach at 6 or 7pm is kind of impractical. Anyway, because of the communication problems, I suggested that she talk with Noda-sensei and, if she agreed to help her, Noda-sensei could email me in English.

By the way, I was invited to come to Tamahara again this week to see the students' big performances (they prepare for weeks to sing and play instruments class-by-class for all the parents and it's a big deal) but I had to decline because, alas, I am teaching at other elementary schools. I'm sure it will really be something, though. 'Break a leg' everyone at Tamahara!

In other news, I'm leaving the high school at lunchtime tomorrow to be a judge at the Tamano City speech contest for junior high school students. Don't think I'm special or anything. Pretty much all of the 'foreigners' in the city have been asked to do this (that's about 6 people from countries outside of Japan). Should be interesting. Will update on this if it proves newsworthy.

Time to crash.

I'm out...
----------------
Played while I posted: The Cure - Fire in Cairo
via FoxyTunes

No comments: