2007-10-25

Break a Leg this Saturday!

I want to say 'Break a Leg' to the high school student I've been helping coach for a speech contest to be held this Saturday in Kurashiki (don't check out the English page - the city actually used an automated translation program to translate everything and, well, that should never be done. More about Kurashiki here). I won't mention any names, but I wanna say that, after a little pushing to get her to really buckle down and do a lot of practicing, we are quite impressed with her efforts leading up to the big day.

'Merde' (which literally means 'shit' in English), is what the French would say (and if you don't believe me, you can go ahead and ask my girlfriend). You just never wish someone luck when they are going to do some kind of performance.

So, I look forward to seeing her kick some butt on Saturday. I know she really has it in her to win. And, today, she really nailed the speech at one point and, with a bit more practice, I know she can do it again at the competition. Good for you, YOU.

In other news, I went to Dainihibi elementary school (大二日比小) yesterday and took part in a fun Hallowe'en party with the school's English Club, followed by a lengthy 'chat' with some of the teachers and guest teachers in the teacher's room. Nice visit! Thanks, everyone. I hope Kochou-sensei (校長先生 - principal) feels better soon (he has the terrible cold that I battled with last week).

Tomorrow: Osaki elementary school (大崎小). Look forward to seeing all of the kids again.

Well, time for dinner, thanks - as it all-to-often is - to my Number 1 Woman. YOU'RE THE BEST, C!

I'm out...
----------------
Played while I posted: The Fiery Furnaces - Borneo
via FoxyTunes

No comments: