2007-10-17

Back to Shounai (も一回荘内小学校に行った)

Hallowe'en classes happened at Shounai elementary school (荘内小) today, despite the fact that, yes, once again I have come down with a cold... AGAIN. (I have to admit, I haven't had this kind of consistency with health problems, well... ever. I'm thinking the stress keeps my immune system nice and weak, not to mention my mind!) Anyway, I'm taking some natural echinacea pills and gargling with some kind of isodine solution (more interesting info on remedies for cold prevention and treatment here). Of course, eating well, as I always try to do and getting exercise. Good boy, heh? Actually, no visit to the 'gym' today as planned because I need to rest.

So, as I said, I was at Shounai again (always a pleasure!) and Hallowe'en was the theme. Didn't really get a reaction to my fake, blood-stained fangs so I stopped trying to surprise the kids after 2 classes. The good news for them was, they got to do a simulation of 'trick-or-treating' which resulted in every kid getting a little chocolate (thanks to the teachers). And, for good effort, I had brought cool little pumpkin stickers (seals as they call them here) for the students.

All-in-all, the 5年 kids scored today! I hope they learned a bit about Hallowe'en and caught some of the spirit. I have to admit, of all the annual rituals in Canada (i.e. Christmas, Easter, Valentine's Day), Hallowe'en is the one that I mind the least. Kids dress up, walk around for everyone to see them, people carve and display pumpkins, there's a s&$t-load of candy everywhere... it's just a big party. Can't complain about that!

So, thanks to everyone, again, at Shounai. See you again soon.

I have to get back to resting. Even blogging takes some energy. *Hotpot (お鍋) for dinner tonight - hurrah!

I'm out...
----------------
Played while I posted: Groove Armada - What's Your Version
via FoxyTunes

No comments: