2007-10-06

Canadian content: Mr. Jim Carrey!

Okay, so I saw this video that showed up on the Digg list on my sidebar and it got me thinking back about all the funny stuff that Jim Carrey has done over the years (or is it James Carrey now? I forget). First check out the video of his recent visit to Late Night with Conan O'Brien:

I was first introduced to this funny man many, many years ago when he was the silly white dude on a show called In Living Color (a show, from which many great comedians/actors have launched successful careers). Since then, Carrey has been involved in many big films as an actor, writer, and producer, some of which have been tremendously successful, others not so critically acclaimed. He has even broken away from comedy to experiment with acting in dramatic roles (although, for me, he will always be a comedian first). Check out his filmography here.

Carrey can do incredible impersonations of many prominent personalities. He an amazing physical, slapstick comedian. He is always capable of surprising you with just how bizarre he can be. All this from a guy who grew up not far from where I grew up in Ontario, Canada (while we're drawing comparisons here, he's about the same height as me, and I'm also a huge goof... of course, he is rich now, and I'm, well - not! But he's got about 13 years on me, so if I get a move on...)

Allow me to give you some links to video footage of things he's done. It's mostly early Jim Carrey, stand-up, a talk show visit, and whatever else I found. Check it:

Best of Jim Carrey
In Living Color - "Buffed, Beautiful and Bitchin'"
In Living Color - "Fire Marshall Bill"
In Living Color - "Karate"
Stand-up
Stand-up
Stand-up
Stand-up
Stand-up
Stand-up
Stand-up
Stand-up
Late Show with David Letterman doing David Caruso impersonation


And, to tie it all up, here's a video from Jim Carrey appealing to people to pay attention to what's happening in Burma (Myanmar) and its leader, Aung San Suu Kyi:

Human Rights Action Center/US Campaign for Burma

I'm out...
----------------
Played while I posted: Yo La Tengo - Winter A Go-Go
via FoxyTunes

No comments: